So your’re already a PADI Divemaster and you have now reached the point of taking the next step up the PADI ladder to the dizzy heights of becoming an instructor, but your not sure about taking the full step………no problem! Take a look at becoming a PADI Assistant Instructor.
Just U Dive will help and support you to reach your goal. The PADI Assistant Instructor Programme is run over a peiod of 4 full days, we have dates that are consecutive as well as split over weekends to offer you.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
What You Can Teach as an Assistant Instructor
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the directsupervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
Why should you come and learn with Just U Dive?
We are a 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre, this means we have experience and knowledge in training you to the very best level you can be. We are also a busy dive centre and will support new Assistant Instructors and new Open Water Scuba Instructors by offering a mentoring program after you complete your course so you can gain some experience and confidence in your teaching ability.
Course fee include;
- Professional Instruction for 4 days from a PADI Master Instructor
- All pool sessions
- All open water sessions
- Air fills
Course fees do not include;
Transport to and from sites/pools
Entrance/parking fees to sites
- Instructor course materials (allow £375 per Instructor Crew pack)
- Assistant Instructor Membership Fees (payable direct to PADI)
Interested? Click here for course dates.